- Brigid Daniel is Professor of Child Care and Protection in the Department of Social Work at the University of Dundee. She has a particular interest in factors that help children to cope with adversity.
- Sally Wassell is an independent consultant and trainer in childcare and an associate lecturer at the University of Dundee. Together with Robbie Gilligan, the two wrote Child Development for Child Care and Protection Workers, also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
This learning resource is based substantially on material from Daniel & Wassell (2002a, 2002b, and 2002c) which is reproduced and adapted here with permission from Jessica Kingsley (Publishers) Ltd. Copyright © 2002 Brigid Daniel and Sally Wassell. All rights reserved.
- Daniel, B. & Wassell, S. (2002a) The Early Years: Assessing and Promoting Resilience in Vulnerable Children 1. London : Jessica Kingsley (Publishers) Ltd.
- Daniel, B. & Wassell, S. (2002b) The School Years: Assessing and Promoting Resilience in Vulnerable Children 2. London : Jessica Kingsley (Publishers) Ltd.
- Daniel, B. & Wassell, S. (2002c) Adolescence: Assessing and Promoting Resilience in Vulnerable Children 3. London: Jessica Kingsley (Publishers) Ltd.
- Billy Devine, Senior Designer, Learning Services, University of Strathclyde
- Some in-vision images are used by kind permission of Jyn Meyer and Martin Wells. All others are copyright Getty Images, Inc. (all rights reserved)
Learning resource credits
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 2.5 UK: Scotland Licence 2007–17.
Iriss is a charitable company limited by guarantee. Registered in Scotland: No 313740. Scottish Charity No: SC037882. Registered Office: Brunswick House, 51 Wilson Street, Glasgow, G1 1UZ