Accepted Pre-Release Work
Should the offender wish to accept voluntary assistance on release the social worker should complete a full assessment of needs that builds on the assessments already undertaken and engage with the client in developing a clear action plan setting out what will be offered during the period of contact, linked to the assessment of risk and need.
The Action Plan may cover a range of issues, including:
- education and training
- help with family issues and parenting
- advocacy — benefits and accommodation
- participation in offending behaviour programmes
- participation in drug and alcohol programmes
- constructive use of leisure time
Targets set should be specific, measurable, achievable and realistic and time limited. [SMART]
Appropriate referrals should be made prior to release and the client should be provided with a copy of the agreed Action Plan, together with information about appointments.
- Going Straight Contract Form (PDF, 32KB)