Scottish Prison Service
In the light of the assessment of prisoner's needs social workers may be involved in referral to SPS programmes or in the provision of individual programmes. Following successful referral prison social workers will receive regular reports on the progress made by the prisoner on SPS programmes.
The programmes currently available in the SPS include:
- Cognitive Skills
- Anger management
- Drug relapse prevention programme
- Sex offending treatment programme [STOP 2000] STOP 2000 — Extended + Rolling programmes
- Problem solving
- Alcohol awareness
- Relationship skills
- Relationships — Connections for Women
- Parenting — Parenting matters in prison
- Action for change — Drugs related
- SMART Recovery — Drugs related
- Health choices
The provision of programmes is variable and all programmes will not be available in every establishment.