Case study: Reablement
This case study is designed to show how reablement can improve the quality of life for someone who has become dependent on services and has lost independence.
- Mike is a man in his 60s.
- He has had a stroke which affected his left side, which means his speech in unaffected but his movement is restricted.
- He has little function in his left arm (can't grip).
- Left leg is affected but he can walk with a stick.
- His wife, who died a year ago, did all kitchen related work (cooking in particular)