January 23-25 2008 Edinburgh International Conference Centre
The Institute for Research and Innovation in Social Services (IRISS) - formerly SIESWE is a unique, sector-wide collaboration of all nine Scottish universities teaching social work and was established in 2003 to bring about transformational change in the education and training of Scotland's future social workers.
The aims of Practical Experience in Professional Education Inc are:
- To further the promotion of practical experience in professional education across a range of disciplines
- To facilitate the exchange of ideas, research, and practices amongst educators within faculties concerned with practicum
- To promote and organise cross-faculty conferences centering on the theory-practice interface
- To plan and publish newsletters, journals etc. which will assist with the dissemination of practicum issues
- To encourage research through the granting of seeding funds where this is possible, depending on the Association's finances.
Organised by the Institute for Research and Innovation in Social Services in association with PEPE (Practical Experiences in Professional Education).