Identifying your web browser
If you’re not sure which browser or version you’re using, simply select ‘Help / About…’ from the main menu. The specific menu option may read ‘Help / About Internet Explorer’, ‘Help / About Opera’ etc.
In order to aid site navigation, the following keyboard access keys have been enabled. When using the high-visibility accessibility layout, access key reminders is listed in parentheses next to the relevant link.
- 1 — Introduction
- 2 — Learning objective
- 3 — Scotland’s minority ethnic communities
- 4 — Cultural competency
- 5 — Case study selection
- 6 — Case study: Part one
- 7 — Case study: Part two
- 8 — Case study: Part three
- 9 — Further reading
- 0 — Help
- n — Next page (not always applicable)
- c — Copyright and acknowledgements
- i — Further information
- s — Toggle accessibility / standard layouts
- + (plus) — Increase text size
- - (minus) — Decrease text size
Access keys are selected in different ways according to which web browser you use:
- Internet Explorer:
- Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key, then press ENTER.
- Firefox (version 2 or higher):
- Hold down the ALT+SHIFT keys (CTRL for Macintosh) and select the number/letter of the access key.
- Opera (version 7.5 or higher):
- Press SHIFT+ESC to bring up a floating panel of available access keys, followed by the appropriate number/letter.
- Safari (version 4.x or higher):
- Hold down the ALT key (CTRL+OPTION keys for Macintosh) and select the number/letter of the access key.
- Safari (Mac OS X, versions 1 through 3.x):
- Hold down the CTRL key and select the number/letter of the access key.
Changing text sizes
In addition to using the text resizing buttons provided, all web browsers have some built-in provision for altering the size of text on screen. In all modern browsers this is most easily achieved by pressing CONTROL (CMD for Mac) and '+' (plus) to zoom in, CONTROL and '-' (minus) to zoom out.
Alternatively it should be possible to select ‘View / Text Size’ (‘View / Zoom’ in Opera) from the menubar and increase/decrease the size of the text from there. For Internet Explorer version 6 or below you may first need to disable style sheets, to do so follow these directions:
- From the Menu Bar select ‘Tools / Internet Options’
- Select the ‘General’ tab and click the box entitled ‘Accessibility’
- Ensure that the three buttons under ‘Formatting’ are checked
- Click OK in ‘Accessibility’ dialog box
- Click OK in ‘Internet Options’ dialog box
- Click ‘Refresh’.