When assessing any child, with the Triangle in the back of your mind, it's very important to consider the various headings in relation to each other, rather than in isolation. The two-way linkages between parenting and other factors is often quoted as an example.
To see a little of what this is like, you can track through one of Mairi's assessments here. Like many assessments, it unfolds rather than happens all at once. You can navigate the assessment process either via the Triangle headings (below), or by following the narrative flow, thus:
- Learning and achieving
- Being healthy
- Confidence in who I am (1)
- Being there for me
- Knowing what is going to happen and when
- Support from family, friends and other people
- Work opportunities for my family
- Confidence in who I am (2)
- Learning to be responsible
A full explanation of the Triangle, its domains and headings is available on The Triangle page.